Sunday, January 08, 2006

A Road Trip

Recently, one of the guys from my college days had completed a huge road trip on his "Rajdoot" - Yes on a bike. He had been out for 39 days covering a total of 6900 odd miles in his bike in the northern part of India (in the foot hills of himalayas). All the way from Delhi to Nainital and Kargil, Leh and other high points in Kashmir on a BIKE !!!!. Amazing. Absolutely mind blowing and really worthwhile adventure. Kudos to him.

I envy him. I am jealous. I am not an experienced bike rider, but his experiences and great photos really pushes my urge. In the US I have been on some long road trips, but none on par with that one and that too in India.

I really like the idea of getting totally lost in wilderness for a month or so. No need to contact anyone and no duties calling. I should probably start planning such a trip right now and make my life more worthwhile.

No comments: