Monday, January 30, 2006

Let there be light



Though totally unrelated to this blog - I recently read the "Last Question" by Isaac Asimov after being pointed out by someone. And soon I was indulged in various thoughts starting from my Prism experiment in the School physics lab to Aurora Borealis.



After several years I was in town for the festival of Karthikai. The festival is particularly famous in Tamilnadu - In fact one of the oldest too.

You can read more about it here. http://mailerindia.com/hindu/veda/index.php?karhikai


Every house in the street is decorated beautifully with traditional lamps. On a calm night with clear skies, the streets look beautifully decorated and the natural light reveals the artistic silhouettes of the pillars and the lamps themselves. Thats one moment I wished whole heartedly for a power shutdown.!

No comments: